- Audio editing capabilities comparatively weaker than video
- Weak support for high-DPI monitors
- Too many easy-edit tools
Here’s a quick rundown on what’s new in the 2022 version:
- Face Effects and Face Indexing. Most videos shots by hobbyists include people. The new tools let you both enhance people’s appearance and organize clips by Face Indexing.
- GIF creator. You’d think converting a video clip into an animated GIF would be simple—unless you’ve tried doing it in Photoshop. The new VideoStudio tool makes GIFs simply and lets you create a repeating animation.
- Speech-to-text converter. Adobe made a lot of the new speech-to-text auto-captioning feature in its pro-level Premiere Pro software, and Corel gets you a similar feature without so much complexity.
- Camera movement transitions. Camera movement transitions are similar to the seamless transitions that were hot in the enthusiast video editing community a few years ago. The effect uses blur to blend the scenes you’re joining.
- Enhanced audio waveform editing. The new version makes it easier to find and use audio editing tools.
- Variable-speed keyframing. Use preset templates or create your own for smoothly speeding up and slowing down your project video.
- Animated AR stickers. Similar to what you find in Snapchat or Facebook Messenger, these face overlays such as mustaches and hats can make an otherwise drab talking-head video more fun.
- New format support. The ability to export audio to HEVC MOV files and PCM 5.1CH has been added. The program can also create smaller proxy files using Apple ProRes format for more efficiency.
- Better media tagging. You can now use multiple keywords for media items; finding and renaming LUTs for color effects has also gotten easier.
Other recent version updates include performance and stability; a mask creator; the AI-powered Highlight Reel auto-movie creator; Slip, Slide, Roll, and Stretch editing modes; upgraded color grading replete with color wheels; a Painting Creatorfor animated hand-drawn text; Photoshop-like blending modessuch as Multiply, Screen, and Overlay; and 4K monitor support.
The VideoStudio Interface
Corel VideoStudio Ultimate 2022 v18.104.22.1682 Crack starts by showing you its Welcome view, represented by a house-shaped icon. Here you can find inspiration and instruction in the form of tutorials, videos, and templates. The interface sports clean, flat icons across the bottom rather than thumbnails. The Get Started section lets you create a new project or open one from a list of those you’ve already created. The Get More section offers extra-cost templates, filters, transitions, and overlays—great material for the video hobbyist.
The other three modes—Capture, Edit, and Share—are where you do real video editing work. Overall, the interface makes for a handy guide of taking you through the process of adding, editing, and outputting your digital movie.
In Editing mode, a pleasing dark-blue-gray interface uses the familiar three-pane view with source, effects, and your video preview. The timeline takes up the bottom portion of the window. Buttons for the most commonly used tools, such as transitions, titles, and effects, are on the right. I like the way icons in the source panel make it easy to show and hide video, photo, and audio content types.
Corel VideoStudio Ultimate 2022 v22.214.171.1242 Crack lets you resize and move the interface panels, and you can even pull them out into separate windows. You can also choose which buttons appear on the toolbar above the timeline (including buttons for the Pan and Zoom and 3D Title Editor) and set three custom interface layouts and easily switch among them. Multiple-screen support lets you see your video full-screen on one and all of your editing tools on the other, for example. VideoStudio offers one of the most flexible UIs in the space.
Tools in the preview window give easy access to cropping, scaling, and moving your video content around in the frame. Guidelines help you center and align overlays and text. A cue/chapter marking tool is at your disposal below the preview window. You can adjust a track’s transparency from a button in the track head area, near the Track Muting button and Ripple Editing button. You can resize the timeline tracks simply by dragging the lower edge in the header down or up.
One qualm about this interface is that although the company says VideoStudio supports high-DPI displays, that’s not the case on my test Surface Laptop 3, which has a 2,496-by-1,664 display resolution. The menus look tiny on this high-res screen unless I change the overall Windows display scaling setting.
Importing, Organizing, and Basic Editing
To start a new project, choose File > New Project. While most other video editing programs display a dialog box at this point to help you choose your project settings, Corel VideoStudio Ultimate 2022 v126.96.36.1992 Crack just immediately throws you into adding content and building a timeline. I’d love to see choices about my new project’s format, or an option to use FastFlick or Instant Project, the app’s simplified editors. On the other hand, I’m certain some advanced users just want to start editing, without any hand-holding.
Capture mode (press the large Capture button at the top) lets you record from a connected camera, scan a DV source, and import from Digital Media or a mobile device. Getting media into VideoStudio is simple, and now you can use a tagging capability as you get with Adobe Premiere Elements, though the Corel tool is not as streamlined as Adobe’s. A search box lets you more easily find media and effects, and you can sort source content by name, type, or date.
Another new organization tool is something that’s more common in photo editing software than video editing: Face tagging. Corel VideoStudio Ultimate 2022 v188.8.131.522 Crack can identify faces in a clip and let you name them so you can find them later. You right-click on a clip containing a face and the app finds any faces in the media and lets you select which ones to index. It then creates Face Indexing Sets in your Media section. Like most of these tools, it works fine for full face views, but not so much with profiles.
Back in the main editor, you simply drag and drop a clip from your source tray to add it to your timeline. If you double-click on a clip in the source tray, it opens in the Single Clip Trim window. This provides a handy way to set the start and finish markers of the section of the clip that you want to add, with precision to the individual frame level. Corel has increased the maximum number of tracks from 20 to 50; competitors like PowerDirector offer 100 or more, but few hobbyists will find that to be a major stumbling block.
Corel VideoStudio Ultimate 2022 v184.108.40.2062 Crack is a feature-packed and intuitive consumer video editing program. New tools give you fun ways to edit faces, create GIFs, generate captions with speech-to-text, and more.