OsmAnd+ Offline Travel Maps & Navigation v8.1.2 Crack Premium Mod Apk PC Download
OsmAnd+ v8.1.2 MOD APK is an open-source navigation application with access to a wide variety of global open street map data. All map data (vector or tile maps) can be stored on the phone memory card for offline usage. Osmand also offers offline and online routing functionality including voice guidance.
Osmand+ is the paid application version, by buying it you support the project, fund the development of new features, and receive the latest updates.
- Complete offline functionality (store downloaded vector or tile maps in a selectable folder)
- Compact offline vector maps for the whole world are available
- Unlimited downloading of country or region maps directly from the app
- Offline Wikipedia feature (download Wikipedia POIs), great for sightseeing
- Overlay of several map layers possible, like GPX or navigation tracks, Points of Interest, favourites, contour lines, public transportation stops, additional maps with customizable transparency
- Offline search for addresses and places (POIs)
- Offline routing for short distances (experimental)
- Car, bicycle, and pedestrian modes with:
- Optional automated day/night view switching
- Optional speed-dependent map zooming
- Optional map alignment according to compass or direction of motion
- OsmAnd Live / Paid features unlocked;
- Disabled / Removed unwanted Permissions + Receivers + Providers + Services;
- Optimized and zipaligned graphics and cleaned resources for fast load;
- Debug code removed;
- AOSP compatible mode;
- Languages: Full Multi Languages;
- CPUs: armeabi-v7a, arm64-v8a, x86, x86_64;
- Screen DPIs: 160dpi, 240dpi, 320dpi, 480dpi, 640dpi;
- The original package signature changed;
- This app has no advertisements
OsmAnd+ Offline Maps, Travel & Navigation
OsmAnd+ Offline Travel Maps & Navigation v8.1.2 MOD APK Download has been a ‘thing’ for a decade, free-to-all mapping data for the world, and now with an open source application available for iOS and Android (and Windows 10 Mobile*). We highlighted it recently in a Flow story, but I did promise a deep dive into what it could do (and what it can’t). In summary, it’s fast, configurable, and (almost) always free (though admittedly so are Google Maps, Apple Maps and HERE Maps), with real time data being the only major omission. But still worth consideration, especially if you like to go off-piste, as it were.
Download / Information Link
* there’s no official OpenStreetMap client for a legacy platform, of course, but there are tons of third party clients. Start with Outdoor Tracker.
You would have thought that the manufacturer-supplied free maps and navigation would be enough for the market – and they largely are, in terms of cars and roads, but the very (and laudable) existence of OpenStreetMap as a crowd-sourced world map data set lends itself to an alternative that doesn’t depend on big companies and their plans for the future.
Which is where OsmAnd comes in, though ironically the very fact that this application is not bank-rolled by a major tech company has led to some small in-app-map purchases, so the ‘free’ alternative to the also-free big guns in the field is actually not necessarily totally free. Let me explain…
As you might expect, it’s the full majesty of the OpenStreetMap data sets, brought to life for Android and for iOS. Everything from footpaths to traffic lights to burger bars to charging stations to banks, it’s all here, and pretty well populated for much of the world. Although the base maps are vector-based, OsmAnd ‘likes’ particular scales, so you can’t zoom in and out as precisely as you’d like. But it’s ample for most people’s needs.
A core feature (as with HERE Maps and, to an extent, Google Maps) is that areas, whole countries, whole continents, can be downloaded for later offline use, for example when you’re out in the countryside, miles from a cell tower. OsmAnd shows countries that have already been downloaded in green, as shown in the screenshots below:
The offline map facility is where the possible in-app-purchases come in, with the free version (enough for most people) allowing five downloads (of an area, a country, or a map overlay, e.g. slopes/contours), after which you have to upgrade to ‘Maps+’, though at £5 for a year for unlimited downloads (£10/year afterwards) it’s very cheap in the grand scale of things and a subscription could be considered you merely chipping in to support the development and ‘doing your bit to support a worthwhile project and application:
OsmAnd Offline Travel Maps & Navigation Free MOD APK I tested this on a few journeys around the Uk and, and for in-car navigation, with a mobile data connection, Google Maps was massively better – the latter is a modern wonder of the world in terms of real-time crowd-sourced traffic awareness and streamlined interface, with Assistant, of course. Apple Maps is almost as good on iOS.
But the strengths of OsmAnd and OpenStreetMap are in full offline operation, relying just on a phone’s GPS. And coming along in the offline data are details and features, for example off-road, that just aren’t represented in Google and Apple’s data sets. While HERE Maps, covered elsewhere, is a compromise between the two extremes and also a good option.
The good news, of course, is that none of these mapping applications is mutually exclusive. So, for example, it’s easy to have an Android phone (like my Duo 2) with Google Maps built-in and perhaps some country areas pre-cached, but then also have OsmAnd installed just in case I need to explore country lanes and hiking paths. With storage in modern devices up in the hundreds of GB, it’s no longer necessary to hold back on map data – just cache or download whatever you want.
A review is normally here to advise whether to buy something or not, but in this case ‘OsmAnd Offline Maps, Travel & Navigation’ (yes, yes, a bit of a mouthful) is a free download, so just try it for yourself and make up your mind.
- Fast startup
- Rich software and device ecosystem
- Touch screen support
- Biometric Hello login
- Strong gaming options
- Separate Settings app and legacy control panels
- Few recent major updates with Windows 11 taking over
How do MOD and Install?
- Download OsmAnd+ MOD APK v8.1.2
- Now install it on your program.
- After installation is complete, copy and paste the modded file
- Then paste it into an installation directory
- Enjoy full version
OsmAnd+ Offline Travel Maps & Navigation v8.1.2 MOD APK Requirements
- 2 GHz Processor
- 2GB of RAM
- HDD space 800MB
- 670-MB installation space required
- Windows XP, 7, 8, 8.1, and also 10
- MAC OS X 10.8 or later.
OsmAnd+ Offline Maps, Travel & Navigation
OsmAnd+ Offline Travel Maps & Navigation MOD APK has been a ‘thing’ for a decade, free-to-all mapping data for the world, and now with an open source application available for iOS and Android (and Windows 10 Mobile*). We highlighted it recently in a Flow story, but I did promise a deep dive into what it could do (and what it can’t). In summary, it’s fast, configurable, and (almost) always free (though admittedly so are Google Maps, Apple Maps and HERE Maps), with real time data being the only major omission. But still, worth consideration, especially if you like to go off-piste, as it were.
OsmAnd+ Offline Travel Maps & Navigation MOD APK is an open source navigation application with access to a wide variety of global open street map data. All map data (vector or tile maps) can be stored on the phone memory card for offline usage.
Download (326.9 MB):
Download | Mega